Wies church - World HeritageThe Wies Church is a remarkably magnificient designed sanctuary near Steingaden.
This church was built from 1745 to 1754 by the brothers Johann Baptist and Dominikus Zimmermann.
In 1983 Wies church has been declared a World Heritage Site and was restored from 1985 to 1991 for 10,6 million german mark. Today, each year more than a million people visit this church. It is a place for regular concerts of ecclesiastic music